Drive, Chip and Putt is a free nationwide junior golf development competition aimed at growing the game by focusing on the three fundamental skills employed in golf. Local qualifying events will be held in June and can be registered for at the link below.
Register for local qualifier at Cattail Creek Country Club on June 7, 2022
(Sponsored by PGA of America, United States Golf Association and the Masters Tournament; Drive, Chip and Putt is NOT a First Tee event but one that we encourage our junior golfers to consider.)
- Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive, Chip and Putt).
- Participants will attempt three shots per skill, for a total of nine shots. Participants accumulate points per shot in all three skills.
- The champion in each individual skill competition will be determined by the participant with the most points accumulated in that particular skill.
- The overall champion in each age category will be determined by the participant with the most points accumulated between all three skills.
- Each participant will attempt three drives from the same teeing area.
- All drives will be played to a 40-yard wide grid and the ball must come to rest in the grid to score points.
- Each participant will attempt three chips from the same location approximately 10-15 yards from the hole.
- All chips will be measured and scored from the center of the hole with lines clearly marking the scoring rings.
- Each participant will attempt three total putts, with one attempt from each of the following distances: 6’, 15’ and 30’.
- All putts will be measured and scored from the center of the hole with lines clearly marking the scoring rings.
- Prizes will be awarded to individual skill champions as well as overall champions for boys and girls in each age category.
Tee Times and Additional Information
- Tee times and any additional information needed for the qualifier will be shared via email communication after the close of registration.